- The first mask I’m going to make is Control Room. The user is virtually in a small room and sees the world through different windows. It creates a feeling of controlling a robot, which is the physical form of self. The distance between self and the world is created, thus decreased the threatening feeling from outside world.
- It’s also a space for your imaginative friends.
- Possible purposes
- Although hiding in control room, the user still hope to interact with others. Inside control room is just a way to deal with the social awkwardness
- Appearance: Townhouse
- Lives daily life, sees through different windows (passive v.)
- Interacts with imaginative friends (active v.)
- What kinds of interaction?
- Have few interactions with the user in general
- Windows and doors invited to be knocked to start conversations –> not like small talk but have certain level of efforts
- Features to have: multi-camera input, prosthetic limbs,
And here’s a video explaining what’s going on.
- Copper tape extension
- For other to trigger sounds, as part of the “An Afternoon Under A Mask” experiment
But then I found out it’s super finicky if I use multiple ones and extend them T_T
An Afternoon Under A Mask – How does it feel to live daily life under a mask exactly? What’s the reaction of others? What do I hope to happen? I’m going to try to answer those questions on Monday(2/23).
Couldn’t do it because the copper tapes are too finicky..